Who can it be beneficial for?
Non-EU or non-EEA nationals who:
● are able to operate in a work/business environment remotely through digital communication
● have been employed by a company that’s registered abroad and can perform distance work, or are self-employed rendering services,regardless of location, to clients based abroad
● are able to demonstrate a solid monthly net income of at least €3500 (after deducting tax and contributions)
Benefits to be received
A Digital Nomad residence permit will benefit the individual, once granted, with the following:
● Permission to reside for a year in Cyprus, with a renewal possibility for an additional two years
● Permission to reside to family members of the Digital Nomad for the same period of time, without being able to work or perform any form of economic activity in Cyprus
● Should they reside in Cyprus for a period that exceeds 183 days within the same tax year, they are regarded as tax residents of Cyprus, on condition that they are not tax residents in any other country
The process to be followed for family members of a Digital Nomad to acquire temporary residence permit:
● The applicant ought to submit the application along with all essential documents (see relevant document list), within 3 months of arrival, at the Offices of the Department of Civil Registry and Migration in Nicosia to acquire a temporary residence permit. An appointment is to be arranged in advance through the online platform. It is mandatory that all essential documents are officially translated and duly certified.
● Should the applicant be a legal resident of Cyprus under a different status, they are entitled to apply for the Digital Nomad temporary permit of residence at the Civil Registry and Migration Department in Nicosia.
● Submission of applications can be done either personally or via an authorized representative
● Applications that lack necessary accompanying documents shall not be accepted or considered
● Should any change occur in the data of the applicant, while the application is being examined, the Department is to be notified immediately
● The amount of submission fees for the application is to be paid as stated below
● Capturing of biometric data (fingerprints and photo) and signature of the third country national is compulsory, in order for the temporary residence permit to be issued, which takes place once the receipt of the application submission is presented along with a valid travel document. The biometric data can be captured on the day the
application is submitted, or even after, either at the offices of the Department in Nicosia or at the district unit of the Aliens and Immigration Service of the Police of the district of residence of the third country national. People who are below the age of six at the time when the application is submitted, should only have their photo taken. The data in question is also required for the renewal of the temporary permit of residence.
● In case of renewal, applications along with all necessary documents are to be submitted to the Civil Registry and Migration Department in Nicosia at least one month prior to the expiration date of the temporary residence’s permit. Submission fees should be paid as stated below.
● Upon approval of the application, the applicant shall receive a letter advising them how to receive the temporary residence permit.
● Should the application be rejected, the applicant shall receive a letter with the rejection reasons explained.
Taxes, PAYE and Social Security contributions are the same as other tax residents
Ready to talk with one of our experts?
We work with ambitious companies from all around the world who want to reach their business goals. Together, we can shape your business future and achieve extraordinary results.